Terms of Reference
The individuals that make up our committees are tireless individuals who are committed to the Canadian Dam Association’s mission and goals and advancing the exchange of knowledge in the dam industry. To learn more about the CDA committees, please download the document below containing the Terms of Reference for all committees.
CDA Committee Terms of Reference
Volunteering with CDA
The CDA committees are always looking for individuals who are willing to contribute their time and knowledge. Please review our committee descriptions and Terms of Reference above. Indicate your area(s) of volunteer interest in an email to email@example.com along with your completed application form.
Volunteer Application Form
List of Committees
Committees play a vital role in the CDA. In addition to both standing and technical committees as well as the board of directors ensuring the good governance of the association, there are conference organizing committees for the annual conferences.
- Board Nominations Committee – Marie-Hélène Briand, Hatch
- Communications Committee – Merry Dang, ASI
- Executive Committee – Michael Cyr, Klohn Crippen Berger
- Finance Committee – Navin Gautam, OPG
- Francophone Committee – Louis-Philippe Grimard, SNC-Lavalin
- Honours & Awards Committee – Lee Martin, Higher Ground Consulting Inc.
- Membership Committee – Andrew Szojka, Independent Consultant
- Professional Development Committee – Jenna Montgomery, Alberta Environment & Parks
- Strategic Planning Committee – Eric Péloquin, Hydro-Quebec
- Young Professionals Committee – James Tipman, SNC Lavalin
Dam Safety Committee – Jarrod Malenchak, Manitoba Hydro
- Dam Safety Reviews Working Group – Lead: Terry Oswell, BC Hydro
- Design and Construction Working Group – Lead: Tony Rattue, SNC-Lavalin
- Emergency Management Working Group – Lead: Tony Bennett, OPG
- Public Safety Working Group – Lead: Tony Bennett, OPG
- Dam Safety Program Management Working Group – Lead: Tony Bennett, OPG
- Functions, Failure Modes and Failure Mechanisms Working Group – Lead: Stephen Rigbey
- “Dam Safety 101” Working Group Lead - Jennifer Sinclair, Tetra Tech
- Dikes and Levees Working Group Lead - Vincent Cormier, WSP Canada
Mining Dams Committee – Scott Martens, Canadian National Resources Ltd.
- Tailings Dam Breach Analysis Working Group – Lead: Mohammad Al-Mamun, Tetra Tech
- Environmental Consequence Classification Working Group – Lead: Lee Nikl, Golder Associates
- Development of Guidance on Slope Stability Modelling Working Group – Lead: Andy Small, Klohn Crippen Berger
- Mine Waste Facilities (formerly Landforms) Working Group – Lead: Andy Small, Klohn Crippen Berger
International Committee – Marc Smith, WSP Canada
Regulation of Dams Committee – Mike Noseworthy, BC Ministry of Forests
Conference Organizing Committees
- Conference 2023 – Winnipeg, MB - Jarrod Malenchak, Co-Chair, Manitoba Hydro and David Brown, Co-Chair, KGS Group
- Conference 2024 - Niagara Falls, ON - Jonathan Atkinson, Co-Chair, Hatch and Alana Shewan, Co-Chair, OPG