Call for Abstracts
CDA conferences have attracted up to 350 attendees from the host region, Canada and the International dam community. The last time the CDA membership and industry colleagues met in person was in 2019. With a pent up drive and anticipation of meeting, we are expecting to sell out!
Abstract Submissions are now closed.
Connecting Community, People and Industry.
Technical sessions will consider past performance and historical design criteria of aging infrastructure while focusing on environmental, social, economic and technological changes as well as evolving expectations of regulatory regimes related to the construction and operation of dams.
Should abstracts be chosen, the actual presentation at the conference should be 20 minutes with 10 minutes of Q & A.
Please keep in mind that the 400 word abstract also needs to be provided in French during the submission process.
Technical Themes include:
- Applications of Failure Modes and Effects Analysis Methods
- Climate impacts to design and operation parameters
- Dam Safety Management Case Studies
- Emergency Management and Public Safety Case Studies
- Environmental Consequences Classification Case Studies
- New and alternative approaches to Design Flood Estimation
- New Development Challenges and Opportunities
- Decommissioning case studies
- Reliability Assessments and the Performance of Ageing Infrastructure
- Risk Assessments and Adaptation Options
- Case studies using CDA’s Risk informed approach to dam safety assessment
- Role of Public Policy in the Setting of Dam Safety Criteria
- Stakeholder Engagement and the Communication of Risk
- Tailings Dams operations/lifecycle
- Tailings dams - closure
- Incorporating risk into decision making
- Rehabilitation case studies
- Small dams – operations and maintenance
- Future planning for dam owners – how to prioritize maintenance
- Gauging the maturity of a dam safety program
February 14, 2022 – Abstracts due for papers
March 1, 2022 – Paper acceptance notification
April 30, 2022 – Draft paper due
May 31, 2022 – Final paper due
October 17-19, 2022 (St. Johns Nfld) – CDA Conference 2022