CDA Conference 2015 - Counting Down!
It's not too late to register for the 2015 CDA Conference! The Conference will be held in Mississauga, Ontario (just outside Toronto), Oct. 3 to 8 at the Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale hotel. To register, simply click on the Registration tab on the conference website, at www.cda.ca.
Reservations at the Hilton can also be made online at the Hotel tab at www.cda.ca
Details on the entire conference program are posted on the CDA website. Some of the highlights of the program include:
• Four workshops have been organized to explore specific technical topics in depth:
- CDA’s award-winning Dams and Public Safety workshop is in-depth training on creating and implementing a management program for public safety around dams.
- Part 2 of the Tailings Dam Breach Analysis: Advancing the State of Practice will take discussion of breach analysis to the next level
- The Dam Safety Reviews workshop will introduce CDA’s draft technical bulletin and give participants direct input into the bulletin’s content
- A half-day workshop will help delegates apply CDA’s 2014 Technical Bulletin on the Application of Dam Safety Guidelines to Mining Dams. This topic has gained importance with the public and regulatory attention being paid to tailings dams since the Mt. Polley incident in August 2014
• The workshops supplement three days of keynote, panel and technical paper presentations, all focused on the theme for the Conference “Dams for the People”. Details of these sessions can be found in the “Program at a Glance”, available on the CDA website. The complete list of papers, presentations and keynotes is available at http://www.cdaabstract.ca/schedule.php.
• Exhibition Hall – A key component of the Conference is the Exhibition Hall, where consultants and service providers from across North America demonstrate their expertise and discuss the latest developments in their products and services.
• Networking Opportunities - Networking with your peers is an important part of any conference, and this year’s CDA Conference will provide many excellent opportunities to do just that! The Welcome Reception – included with most delegate registration packages – will be a great opportunity to catch up with old friends and make new contacts. CDA’s Exhibitors are again hosting a reception for all delegates in appreciation of their business over the years. The Awards Gala features special entertainment that is sure to leave you amazed! Complete details are on the Conference website
• Companions Program – A varied companions program is available including a tour to enjoy Ontario's spectacular fall colours in the Halton Region countryside, indulging in a spa day, shopping at Canada's second largest mall or visiting some of Toronto’s many exciting attractions.
• Post Conference Tour - This tour will start at the Hilton and key stops will be at Grand River Conservation Authority; Allied Fabricators in Paris, Wilkes Dam in Brantford, Shand Dam in Belwood Lake and the Elora Gorge. Lunch will be at the Cambridge Mill Inn.
The annual conference of the CDA is one of the best opportunities to keep up with developments related to dam engineering and management.