Thank you to our “Clean and Green” sponsor
Conference Sustainability Initiative
We are aiming to host this year’s conference with sustainability in mind.
In conjunction with the conference planning committee, ConeTec Mud Bay Drilling is pleased to offer a conference with sustainability top of mind.
- Water bottle and travel mug washing station
- China and glassware option at each food and beverage station
- Reduced paper materials at workshops
- Re-usable Name tag pouch (attendees are encouraged to return badge holder at the of the conference back to registration)
- Marriott on the Falls – shampoo/conditioner/body wash is provided in large dispensers in the shower
Consider travel options:
Enter the carpool prize draw for your chance to win a $200 e-gift card of your choice. A Carpool Connection link will be provided in the spring.
- From Montreal, Ottawa, Kingston, and other cities, see VIA Rail system map
- From Toronto Pearson Airport
- Step 1 - UP Express Train from airport to Union Station, departs every 15 minutes, 25 minute trip
- Step 2 - Go Train from Union Station GO to Niagara Falls GO, three trains per day, 2 hr 20 minute trip
- Step 3 - Ten minute drive from Niagara Falls GO to Niagara Convention Center
EV and Hybrid Car Rentals*
- Toronto Pearson Airport
- Avis, Budget and Hertz have EVs in inventory
- Billy Bishop Toronto Airport, John C. Munro Hamilton Airport, Region of Waterloo Airport – no EVs or hybrids in inventory
* As of January 2024, inventory may change closer to conference date
EV charging stations visit https://www.niagarafallstourism.com/plan/parking/#electric-vehicle-charging-stations
Our volunteers’ favourite carbon offset resources (not endorsed by CDA): Tree Canada
We ask vendors to reduce promotional goods at booths and where offered consider sustainable items that are reusable and high quality. Vendors may also consider a donation in lieu of promotional goods.
More sustainability tips from our volunteers: