CDA 2018 Technical Program
The theme of the 2018 CDA Conference is "Managing Aging Dams, a Challenge for Owners and Professionals".
The technical program will consist of papers and presentations on the management and maintenance of dams of all types, including:
- Dam Safety Reviews;
- State of the practice and management challenges faced by aging dam owners;
- Design flood review;
- Spillway reliability;
- Temporary or permanent mitigation measures of safety deficiency;
- Materials, past and present;
- Instrumentation and auscultation of dams;
- Conflicting management of watersheds;
- Water management and temporary measures during construction;
- Numerical modelling;
- Risk analysis;
- Construction and maintenance: methods and case studies;
- Management and delivery of turnkey projects;
- Engineering of tailings dams;
- Obsolete dam decommissioning;
- Dam break analysis and inundation mapping;
- Emergency management and contingency planning;
- Public safety near dams — operational practices and considerations;
- State of practice for dam rehabilitation;
- Reconciling works and environment protection; and
- International advances in practice.
Call for Posters
Abstracts for the Poster Session to be held during CDA 2018 in Quebec City are due April 13. Please submit a summary of up to 500 words, in either English or French, using the new software for abstract / article management.
Posters will be on display October 15 and 16.