2020 Technical Program
CDA 2020 looks forward to welcoming the industry to Winnipeg from October 24 to 29. The theme for 2020 is Balancing Past Performance with Future Expectations. Technical sessions will consider past performance and historical design criteria of aging infrastructure while focusing on environmental, social, economic and technological changes as well as evolving expectations of regulatory regimes related to the construction and operation of dams.
Abstracts for CDA 2020 will be accepted until Friday, January 31, 2020. Individuals are encouraged to submit an abstract of 300 to 500 words in either English or French to email@example.com
- Applications of Failure Modes and Effects Analysis Methods
- Climate impacts to design and operation parameters
- Dam Safety Management Case Studies
- Emergency Management and Public Safety Case Studies
- Environmental Consequences Classification Case Studies
- New and alternative approaches to Design Flood Estimation
- New Generation Development Challenges and Opportunities
- Reliability Assessments and the Performance of Ageing Infrastructure
- Risk Assessments and Adaptation Options
- Role of Public Policy in the Setting of Dam Safety Criteria
- Stakeholder Engagement and the Communication of Risk
- Tailings Dam Breach Analysis
January 31 – Abstracts due
March 16 – Acceptance notification
June 15 – Draft paper due
August 31 – Final paper due
Timely submission of abstracts and papers will help improve the quality of the technical program for all conference attendees. Authors are encouraged to take note of the deadlines as the technical presentation program is expected to fill up.
Please remember to check the CDA website regularly for updates and any changes to the schedule and/or information.