CDA Directors & Officers –
Call for Nominations
Interested in serving on CDA’s Board of Directors? The Nomination period is July 1 to July 31, 2015.
Nomination forms and detailed information is available on the CDA website Governance page. Information is also available from Gilles Bourgeois, Chair of the Nominations committee, at email@example.com; or from CDA Executive Director Don Butcher at firstname.lastname@example.org. If elections are necessary, they will be held by on-line voting from Aug. 16 to Sept. 14.
CDA depends on volunteers to lead the Association by serving on the Board of Directors. The Board is responsible for the effective management of the CDA. It sets strategy, develops programs for members’ benefit, provides due diligence and oversight to staff, ensures members’ rights are upheld, and has a fiduciary responsibility to ensure the CDA’s resources are used appropriately.
The following positions need to be filled for terms beginning October 5, 2015:
- Vice President (3-year tenure: one year as Vice President, one year as President, one year as Past President)
- Secretary Treasurer (two years)
- Director-at-Large (two years)
- Provincial/ Territorial directors (two years): Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, the Territories.
All directors are expected to attend and participate in two in-person meetings annually and regular conference calls. They also participate on or lead task groups and/or committees. For more information, please contact your current provincial director, any member of the Executive Committee, or Executive Director Don Butcher at email@example.com.
In addition, the Vice President, Secretary Treasurer and Director-at-Large have other, specific responsibilities.
Directors will begin serving their terms on Oct. 5, 2015 at the conclusion of the 2015 Annual General Meeting in Mississauga, Ontario.
These volunteer positions are excellent opportunities to contribute to your association and the Canadian dam industry. The current Board urges members to consider which of their colleagues would be excellent candidates for the available positions and to make nominations.
Nominations Procedure & Requirements:
The rules for election of members of the Board of Directors are governed by the CDA By-laws, which can be reviewed on the CDA website . They include:
- Nominators and nominees must be members in good standing (By-law 5.05.04)
- Nominations for each position shall be made by two CDA members
- Nominees shall provide the Executive Director with a statement indicating their consent to the nomination for the position sought
- Nominees for Provincial/Territories directors should reside in or have significant ties to the province / territories that they are nominated for
Members of the Board of Directors are expected to fulfill specific duties as outlined in the By-law (Section 7).
The Nomination period is July 1 to July 31, 2015. If elections are necessary, they will be held by on-line voting from Aug. 16 to Sept. 14.
Under Canadian law, Directors have to be confirmed at the Annual Meeting of the association, which will be held Oct. 5, 2015 in Mississauga, ON.