Bob Patrick elected CDA President for 2017-2018
The 2017-2018 board of directors was elected on October 16 in Kelowna at the AGM. Bob Patrick, a senior consultant with Tetra Tech based in Nanaimo, BC, assumed the role of President of the Canadian Dam Association for the 2017-2018 year.
Jean-Pierre Tournier of Hydro-Québec, based in Montréal becomes CDA’s Vice President and President-Elect. Mr. Tournier returns to the board of directors after a three-year absence.
Having completed his term as CDA President, Chad LePoudre, a vice president with SNC-Lavalin, has moved into the position of Past President.
Michel Dolbec, appointed as Acting Secretary Treasurer earlier in the year, was acclaimed by the membership as Secretary Treasurer. He is with WSP (Québec City).
Joining the board for 2017-2018 are:
- Garry Bucharski, Alberta Environment and Parks;
- Michael Cyr, Wood PLC (Fredericton), as Director-at-Large;
- Navin Gautam, Ontario Power Generation; and
- Bethanie Parker, Hatch (Fredericton).
Returning Directors include:
- Terry Oswell, BC Hydro;
- Doug Kilgour, SaskPower;
- Halina Zbigniewicz, Manitoba Hydro;
- Martin Ferland, Quebec Ministre Developement durable, Environnement, et changements climatiques; Robert Cholock, BGC Engineering (Halifax),
- Wendy Warford, Stantec (St. John’s);
- Richard Trimble, Tetra Tech (Whitehorse); and
- Johanne Bibeau, AECOM (Montréal).
CDA thanks the following individuals for their commitment to CDA as they have completed their terms on the board of directors:
- Tony Bennett, Ontario Power Generation;
- Javid Iqbal, Alberta Environment and Parks;
- Allan Kirkham, formerly of Ontario Power Generation; and
- Andy Small, Wood PLC.