CDA 2021 Call for Abstracts – Deadline February 1, 2021
The CDA 2021 Organizing Committee invites all interested authors to submit an abstract for CDA 2021 by February 1, 2021. The theme for 2021 is Balancing Past Performance with Future Expectations. Technical sessions will consider past performance and historical design criteria of aging infrastructure while focusing on environmental, social, economic and technological changes as well as evolving expectations of regulatory regimes related to the construction and operation of dams.
Technical Themes include:
- Applications of Failure Modes and Effects Analysis Methods
- Climate impacts to design and operation parameters
- Dam Safety Management Case Studies
- Emergency Management and Public Safety Case Studies
- Environmental Consequences Classification Case Studies
- New and alternative approaches to Design Flood Estimation
- New Generation Development Challenges and Opportunities
- Reliability Assessments and the Performance of Ageing Infrastructure
- Risk Assessments and Adaptation Options
- Role of Public Policy in the Setting of Dam Safety Criteria
- Stakeholder Engagement and the Communication of Risk
- Tailings Dam Breach Analysis
While the committee remains hopeful it will be able to welcome the industry to Winnipeg from October 23 to 28, it recognizes that the evolving public health situation may impact the ability to gather in-person in Winnipeg. In light of this, the committee continues to consider a number of virtual and hybrid (combination in-person and virtual) delivery options.
How to submit
Abstracts should be 300 to 500 words and may be submitted in either English or French.
Abstracts can be submitted online at https://www.conference-service.com/CDA2021/welcome.html.
Please note: You will either need to create a new account within the abstract management system or reactivate an existing account from CDA 2018 or CDA 2020 (assuming you have the same email address).
All authors that submitted an abstract for CDA 2020 are encouraged to resubmit their abstract for CDA 2021.
Timely submission of abstracts and papers will help improve the quality of the technical program for all conference attendees. Authors are encouraged to take note of the deadlines as the technical presentation program is expected to fill up. Any questions on the technical program can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please remember to check the CDA website regularly for updates and any changes to the schedule and/or information.
February 1 – Abstracts due
March 16 – Acceptance notification
June 15 – Draft paper due
August 31 – Final paper due
CDA 2021 – October 23 to 28 (Winnipeg, MB)